A family retreat located on a pristine island beach in eastern Nova Scotia. This modern pod brings the inside outside and outside inside for an enhanced connection with nature.
• sits lightly on the landscape minimizing impact on the surrounding environment
• minimal shelter with extensive living outside
• sustainable technology to support modern living habits
• orientation optimizes views and utilizes the sun path
• serves as an initial seed of a larger family campus
• draws inspiration from on the traditional Scottish and Irish crannog structure
• repeatable design so as to grow the family campus